One of my favorite things about fall is breaking out all my favorite lipsticks (as evidenced in my Highly Scientific Chart of Fall Essentials). I love experimenting with different shades – from a bright Taylor Swift red to a deep, vampy purple. There’s something about the grey skies and changing leaves that makes fall the perfect time for a pop of lipstick.
- Maybelline Color Sensational in Fuchsia- This is my favorite lipstick for that pink, Blair-Waldorf-style lip. The finish is creamy, right between a matte and a sheen. It’s also the perfect berry tone that’s not too cool toned and not too warm toned – it’s just right. Sadly, I don’t think they carry this color anymore. But I think the Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Mesmerizing Magenta looks very similar.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Vibrant Mandarin– I love this bright red – almost coral – lipstick. It’s definitely one of the brighter options, but I think it looks so pretty with a simple eye look. This is my “Taylor Swift” lipstick – although the color is slightly different than her classic shade, it makes me feel just as fabulous.
- E.L.F. Lip Balm Tint in Berry – I mentioned this product in my Favorite Summer Lip Colors, but I think it works just as well for fall. I love how moisturizing this lip balm is, and the color is amazing too! It doesn’t get much better for $2. It’s definitely a darker berry shade than the Maybelline one, with a bit more red.
- E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in Praline– This is what I use to create a 90s/Kylie Jenner/mauve-y lip. It’s the perfect nude-mauve shade for my pale skin, as it’s not too brown-toned. Again, you can’t beat the price. Because it’s a matte formula, it is a bit drying. But I just make sure to moisturize my lips well before I put it on and I’m usually fine.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush– For a vampy lip, I love this balm-stain. It’s just the right mix of red and purple, creating a deep berry tone that doesn’t actually make me look like a vampire (aka completely wash me out). The balm-stain formula ensures that the color won’t fade in a weird, patchy way. After most of lipstick wears off, you’re left with a beautiful berry stain.
What are your favorite lip colors for fall? Are there any specific products that you love?