Hello Planner People! And if you’re not a planner person, well… keep reading this blog and you’ll probably become one.
We’re well into the month of June and my Studio Calico Scout Planner Kit came in the mail, giving me that double-excitedness that comes from receiving something in the mail AND new craft supplies. #happymail
Can we talk about how gorgeous this kit is?! I love the mix of bright colors and vintage-looking elements like the washi strips and kraft paper notebook. And that emoji keychain… heart-eyes indeed.
Here’s a quick run-down of what came in the kit:
- Yellow Paper House Kraft-paper Notebook – comes with rainbow colored paper inside!
- Washi strips – there’s a GORGEOUS floral one that I can’t wait to use!
- Gold Foil Stickers – these stickers had me a little confused at first, but after checking out the Studio Calico Creative Team Gallery I was enlightened. They can be used as a full bar or trimmed in half to make two labels.
- Star Stickers – these thick stickers really pop on the page.
- Reminder Tabs – now, if you don’t have a planner that fits the three-hole punched sides exactly, these might be a bit of a bust (most kit-items like these don’t come pre-punched though). But luckily, they fit perfectly into my planner and look pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.
- Vellum Checklist Flags – the only thing that annoys me a bit about these checklist flags is that the vellum-material can be difficult to write on without smearing. But other than that, I love the subtle blue color. Very chic.
- Hello Forever Stickers – I’m always a fan of these sticker sheets. The vibrant colors and thick paper-weight make them fun to use in planning.
- Emoji Keychain – I love emojis, so this planner charm is right up my alley.
- Zipper Pouch and July Card – I personally think that the zipper pouch should count as an item. They’re perfect for storing the kit and can be re-used in a number of ways. The July card is also fun to use for scrapbooking or journaling. Waste not, want… Well, let’s be real. Want more.
But enough about what’s in the kit, let’s see it in action! As usual, click on the images to open a zoom-able version for full-detail snooping.
For this spread, I used a little of almost every item from the June Kit. With the exception of the kraft-paper notebook (which I’m sure I’ll find a use for very soon), I mixed and matched the stickers, washi strips, and gold-foil tabs to create a bright and simple look.
Besides the items from the kit, I used the Lawn Fawn Milo’s Alphabet Stamps, the Recollections Planner Stamps from Michaels, some ink pads, and a pen. And seriously, that’s all.
And you know what? Looking over what’s left of my kit, I would say this kit could last two months worth of planner pages. Granted, this spread is fairly simple and sparse, but if that’s your style, this kit could stretch a long way.
I love how the Studio Calico Planner Kits come with a mixture of textures – from the thin, vellum stickers to the thick, cardstock-weight stickers, from the gold foil to the rubbery emoji keychain, all the different textures create interest without having to fill the entire page with pattern. I personally like a lot of white space, so being able to add color and texture without losing too much white space is perfect for me.
What about you? What’s most important to you in your planner – color, texture, pattern? Let’s chat about it in the comments!
I hope this post inspires you to sit down with your planner sometime soon and organize your week in a creative and functional way. It’s one of my favorite ways to prepare for the week and exercise my creative muscles!