Hello friends! Today I’m here to share my August Favorites – all the bright things that made my August a fun month. I love to look back over the month and compile a list of favorites. It’s a way of documenting the month through the little things that made it a little brighter.
- I Am Bones by Joe Brooks – I’ve been a big fan of Joe Brooks for years, and so when his latest album was released this month I immediately put it on repeat. From the soft, unique sound of his voice, to the interesting guitar and piano riffs, to the romantic, poetic lyrics, I love everything about this album. If you’re a fan of singer-songwriters like John Mayer or Ed Sheeran, I’d highly recommend this album. Check out the album trailer here!
- Violet Ray Logan Satchel in Navy & Mossimo Tassel Keychain in Tan – I finally, FINALLY got a new purse this month. I found this fun Navy Satchel at DSW (for $40) and decided to add a tassel keychain (on sale for under $2!) for an extra pop of color. The satchel is SO spacious, with three separate zipper compartments that are perfect for storing a notebook, book, planner, sweater, whatever! I also love that it has a detachable shoulder strap so I can carry it over my shoulder or Taylor-Swift style (as I like to call it).
- Oli White on Youtube – If you’re in need of a laugh, check out Oli White’s Virtual Reality Gone Wrong video and then his Arachnophobia Prank video. I don’t know why I love prank videos so much, but I do. Oli is one of my favorite Youtubers – especially the videos he makes with his brother James who reminds me a lot of my own brother.
- The Taming of the Tights by Louise Rennison* – You may remember a post I wrote a few months ago about Louise Rennison, one of my all-time favorite authors. This month, I laughed my way through The Taming of the Tights, the third book in the Tallulah Casey series. Rennison so perfectly captures the feelings, thoughts, and embarrassments of teenage girlhood, that it’s impossible not to laugh
atwith Tallulah and her Tree Sisters. If you’re interested in reading the series, check out the first book, Withering Tights, here*!
- Operator, the App* – About two months ago, I started working as an Expert (fancy!) for Operator, an app that connects people with online personal shoppers (like moi) through messaging. If you like the convenience of online shopping, but want one-on-one help finding the perfect product, download and try out Operator* (it’s free)! I’ve had so much fun creating collections (which you can browse & ‘like’ like Pinterest) and helping people find new sofas, thoughtful gifts, functional desks, and more. If you do download the app, be sure to follow my Expert Profile & Collections! It’s a fun way for me to share my favorite products and wish list items (kind of like I do here on WBT).
- Stickers – This month, I made a promise to stop hoarding stickers. (My mantra is: You can’t take ’em with you.) It might sound ridiculous, but I like to save my stickers for ‘special occasions’ which turns out to be ‘never’. In my effort to stop hoarding stickers and start using them, I’ve been using up my sticker stash – especially the stickers in these Ban.do Sticker Books One and Two. I’ve had so much fun stickering my heart out in my planner, journal, and in snail-mail sent to friends.
Thanks for reading!
What were your August Favorites? Share in the comments below!