This blog is all about taking a moment to appreciate the bright things in life – whatever they may be. Whether you’re into makeup, books, crafts, writing, talking about life, or fashion, I hope this blog brings you a little bit of positivity and inspiration throughout the week. Today’s post is all about my 2015 Favorites – the things that made my year a little bit brighter.
This year I cut back on makeup (both the amount I wore and the amount I purchased). So while my Beauty Favorites aren’t all that interesting, it’s an honest reflection of the things I reach for day after day when doing my makeup. And as for skincare, I struggled with dry skin this year, so my favorites are all about moisturization!
- L’Oréal Miss Manga Voluminous Mascara – Adds lots of volume and separation, is not too pricey, and washes off easily without smudging during the day. What more could you want in a mascara?!
- E.L.F. Brow Kit in Medium – I’ve blogged about this favorite before, but it really has been a go-to for the past few months. And it’s only $3, so the price is right.
- C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm – I use this lip balm every night before bed and I wake up with moisturized lips! The scent isn’t too overpowering, and the formula is smooth and creamy – perfect for a nighttime balm.
- Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator for Normal/Dry Skin – Unlike other exfoliators that come with a gel base, this one has a cream base that prevents excess drying. It’s my go-to face wash when I shower, as it helps to remove and smooth dry skin without making my skin even dryer. Win!
- Tarte Maracuja Oil – I’ve also mentioned this product in my favorites before, but it truly is an amazing moisturizing oil. Many people are scared of putting oils onto their face, but this one soaks right in and doesn’t clog pores. It instantly eliminates that tight feeling that I sometimes get after cleansing. Depending on how my skin feels, I use it at bedtime, or after showing, or before makeup, or even IN makeup. I highly recommend this product for anyone who has dry skin. It is a pricier product, but it lasts FOREVER.
I’m including these shows in my 2015 Favorites because I watched them this year, but both shows have been off air for a long time now. Friends is a classic – I think the reason people love it so much is because everyone can relate to at least one of the friends. It is kind of amazing how they packed so much humor into every 23 minute episode. Binge-watching on Netflix was never so fun! I also loved watching Felicity with my mom. Having recently graduated college, it’s fun to watch Felicity navigate through her undergrad years in New York. It’s the perfect mix of drama, humor, and good writing.
My music favorites are actually all albums that were released in 2015 – it was a good year for music! (For me, at least!)
- Jon McLaughlin, Like Us – I’ve loved Jon McLaughlin for a long time, and this album is just as beautiful as his others. The combination of his voice and his piano-playing-skills always amazes me. His songs are emotional and romantic, and at times funny.
- Hilary Duff, Breathe In Breathe Out – Upbeat pop that you can dance along to, emotional ballads to belt in the car, and cute duets with boy band members? Hilary did it all.
- The Descendants Soundtrack – I’m not ashamed to admit that I still love watching Disney Channel, especially Disney Channel Original Movies. I loved The Descendants, and the soundtrack is amazing too. You know if they got Kristen Chenoweth to be in the movie it’s going to be good.
- Rixton, Let The Road – This debut album by Brit-Boy-Band Rixton was one of my favorites. It’s full-on pop, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- One Direction, Made in the A.M. – Another British Boy Band? Yes. I’m a One Direction fan and this album was just as amazing as the rest. Their songwriting keeps getting better as their voices keep maturing, and they sound great!
- Olly Murs, Never Been Better – Another British Boy, but not in a Boy Band. I especially love his duet with Demi Lovato, but the whole album is full of great pop songs.
This should be called my “2015 Shout-Outs” section, because it’s basically just the things that I loved in 2015 that don’t really fit anywhere else.
I also have to give props to Target for absolutely KILLING IT with their Dollar Aisle, “The One Spot” this year. I kept thinking, “Better stock up on these cute stamps and washi because it’ll never be this cute again.” And then it’d be cuter the next time I went. I know the dollars add up, but it’s oh so fun.
I also got really into decorating my planner this year, and discovering the Studio Calico Planner Kit Subscription was a break-through moment. Using a planner is now not only fun, but a creative outlet as well. It keeps me organized AND gives me space to play with stamps, stickers, tape, and whatever I want to throw in there!
Well, that’s it for my 2015 Favorites! Maybe some of my favorites from this past year will become yours in the next!
What were your favorite things in 2015?
P.S. If you’re thinking, “But Haley, you love to read! What about your favorite books?” I posted a list of My Top 5 Reads in 2015 just a few days ago, so be sure to check that out too.